Multidisciplinary Engineering Design Option
This degree provides students with a broad foundation in engineering with specialization in engineering design. It incorporates advanced course work in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, and engineering design. The degree is delivered by a regional consortium composed of Penn State Abington, Penn State Brandywine, and the School of Graduate Professional Studies at Great Valley.
The first two years of foundational engineering coursework will be offered at Penn State Brandywine where students will study engineering design with an emphasis on robotics. The next two years of advanced engineering coursework will be offered at the new engineering facilities at the School of Graduate Professional Studies at Penn State Great Valley. In addition to rigorous engineering, mathematics and physics coursework, the engineering students are strongly encouraged to participate in undergraduate research projects in engineering design and robotics, the activities of the Engineering Club, local industry internships, and engineering opportunities abroad.
Unique Features of the Program
- Interdisciplinary approach with emphasis on design systems engineering
- Emphasis on teamwork and working collaboratively in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments
- Two-semester senior design course sequence resulting in a personal senior project
- Summer Internship at the end of the junior year to gain valuable work experience
- State-of-the-art engineering facilities at Penn State Great Valley, located in the heart of an industrial park
- Balance between technical, individual, and team communication and “people” skills
- Perspectives of global, environmental, social, and ethical context of an engineer’s work
- Systems Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Development Engineer
For more information, contact Dr. Asad Azemi, 610-892-1421 or email at email@example.com